Fri 31st Oct
- Rufford Country Park - 6+ Redwing, 4+ Fieldfare [feeding on Yew berries behind the Orangery].
- Gringley Carr - 1 Hen Harrier [ringtail], 1 Marsh Harrier, 1 Merlin, 1 Peregrine, 300 Golden Plover, 5 Corn Bunting, 1 Stonechat, 1 Kingfisher, 300+ Fieldfare.
- Arnot Hill Park - 100 Pink-footed Goose [East at 11:45], 32 Black-headed Gull, 3 Lesser Black-backed Gull, 2 Greylag Goose, 35 Tufted Duck, 8 Red-crested Pochard, Goldcrest, Nuthatch, Goldfinch, Chaffinch, Brambling, Siskin, Greenfinch, Great Tit, Blue Tit, 40+ Redwing, 4 Grey Wagtail [seen daily in pond overflow area and on Bowling Green], 2 Pied Wagtail, Wren, 15 Collared Dove, Sparrowhawk, 2 Carrion Crow, 4 Magpie, Mistle Thrush.
- Bennerley Marsh - 2 Stonechat [male & female], 12 Redwing, 10 Eurasian Teal, 3 Eurasian Wigeon, 60 Northern Lapwing.
Thu 30th Oct
- Collingham - New Workings: 1 Little Egret, 1 Black-tailed Godwit [flew off at 07:50].
- Langford Lowfields - 1 Common Greenshank.
- Warren Hill - c.60 Fieldfare [flock over NW to Bestwood Country Park at 08:45].
- Meden Pumping Station - Brambling [left side of bridge], Long-tailed Tit, Coal Tit, Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Common Buzzard, Wren, Cormorant.
Wed 29th Oct
- Clifton Pastures - 3 Common Buzzard, 8 Reed Bunting [Fairham Brook], 40+ Goldfinch, 4 Brambling [with Goldfinches], 12 Skylark, 3 Meadow Pipit, 2 Yellowhammer, 2 Common Kestrel, 1 Sparrowhawk, 20+ Red-legged Partridge, 4 Common Pheasant, 4 Stonechat [2 male & 2 female], 60+ Fieldfare, 11 Redwing, 200+ Northern Lapwing, 50+ Golden Plover [with Lapwings], 2 Grey Heron [Fairham Brook].
Tue 28th Oct
- Clifton Pastures - 2 Golden Plover, 20+ Siskin, 4 Stonechat, 7 Brambling, 10+ Red-legged Partridge, 12 Skylark, 20+ Redwing [overhead].
- Holme Pierrepont - A52 Pit: 1 Lesser Scaup [drake still early afternoon at west end of A52 Pit though distant. No general access to pit and keep out of surrounding fields], Greater Scaup [female].
- Kilvington - West Lake: 1 Caspian Gull [3rd summer/4th winter].
- Bestwood Country Park - Pit Tip: 1 Green Woodpecker, c.20 Siskin, 1 Herring Gull [juvenile over heading South], c.10 Redwing. Mill Lakes: c.50 Siskin, 3 Northern Shoveler, 2 Common Pochard, 3 Little Grebe, 5 Cormorant [3 over, 2 on Tern Island], 1 Common Snipe [on Mud Island], 300+ Woodpigeon [over high to the South], 1 Kingfisher. Bestwood Quarry: 1 Sparrowhawk [female], 1 Common Kestrel [male], c.15 Redwing, 1 Goldcrest, 10 Greenfinch, c.20 Siskin, 3 Yellowhammer. Woodland: 1 Great Spotted Woodpecker [drumming].
- Ratcliffe on Soar - Peregrine [hunting].
- Nuthall - c.40 Redwing [East].
- Spalford Warren NWT - c.20 Common Crossbill, Lesser Redpoll, Siskin, Goldcrest, 2 Willow Tit.
Mon 27th Oct
- Holme Pierrepont - A52 Pit: 1 Lesser Scaup [drake. No general access to pit and keep out of surrounding fields].
- Shelford - Rough-legged Buzzard [possible reported in a roadside field between Shelford and Radcliffe on Trent late afternoon].
Sun 26th Oct
- Clifton Pastures - 1 Marsh Harrier [female quartering up and down Fairham Brook before heading towards Bunny].
- Bennerley Marsh - 2 Stonechat [male & female], Grey Wagtail, 4 Reed Bunting, 80 Northern Lapwing, 1 Golden Plover, 2 Green Woodpecker.
- Skegby - c.200 Golden Plover [Penniment Lane].
- Arnot Hill Park - Golfinch, Siskin, 2 Brambling [2nd day], Chaffinch, Greenfinch, 6 Great Tit, 8 Grey Wagtail, 4 Pied Wagtail, 6 Redwing, 56 Black-headed Gull, 12 Lesser Black-backed Gull, 2 Greylag Goose, 6 Canada Goose, 32 Tufted Duck, 10 Red-crested Pochard [8 male & 2 female] 1 Grey Heron, 2 Sparrowhawk, Starling [large flocks seen daily near bowling green], Tawny Owl [heard nightly near old railway line].
- Langley Mill [Derbyshire] - c.250 Starling [waiting for their regular feed. Numbers up dramatically from the usual 5-10 birds that used to turn up].
Sat 25th Oct
- Budby Pumping Station - Peregrine [female harrying a flock of Lapwing], Kingfisher, Merlin [flying West over the water], Eurasian Teal, Eurasian Wigeon, Redwing [small flock], Fieldfare [large flock], 2 Lesser Redpoll [males], Siskin, Goldfinch.
- Kings Mill Reservoir - 2 Greylag Goose , 2 Common Pochard, 1 Grey Heron, 20 Northern Lapwing, 1 Kestrel [young individual], 2 Black Swan.
- Bennerley Marsh - 2 Stonechat [male and female], Common Buzzard, 5 Meadow Pipit, 90 Northern Lapwing.
- Barton in Fabis Barn Owl.
Fri 24th Oct
- Arnold - 1 Brambling [with ring on left leg]. Plus: 1 Unidentified finch [Chaffinch size; wings and back same as Chaffinch; yellow chest; white under belly; red face & crown - same red as robin].
- Bennerley Marsh - 180 Northern Lapwing, 2 Eurasian Teal, Green Woodpecker, 5 Meadow Pipit. North Marsh: 2 Common Snipe, Kingfisher, 24 Redwing, 3 Jay.
- Budby Pumping Station - 200+ Siskin, 4+ Brambling [with Siskin], Mistle Thrush.
Thu 23rd Oct
- Kings Mill Reservoir - 1 Greater Scaup, Egyptian Goose, Long-tailed Tit.
- Bennerley Marsh - Stonechat [male & female], 4 Grey Wagtail, 32 Pied Wagtail, 5 Linnet, Green Woodpecker, 200 Northern Lapwing, 16 Eurasian Teal, Lesser Black-backed Gull.
- Rolleston - River Trent: 3 Stonechat [males], 4 Reed Bunting, 20+ Yellowhammer.
Sun 19th Oct
- Bennerley Marsh - 3 Stonechat [male & 2 female], 6 Meadow Pipit, 8 Redwing, 12 Eurasian Teal, 120 Northern Lapwing.
- Stanton on the Wolds - c.50 Starling, c.12 Fieldfare, 1 Redwing [all in same flock].
- Barton in Fabis Osprey.
Sat 18th Oct
- Bennerley Marsh - Common Buzzrd, Lesser Black-backed Gull, 3 Meadow Pipit, 2 Common Snipe, 14 Eurasian Teal, 120 Northern Lapwing.
- Budby Pumping Station - Eurasian Teal, Gadwall, Little Grebe, Long-tailed Tit, Sparrowhawk [female], Common Buzzard, Kingfisher, Linnet, Goldfinch, Treecreeper, Siskin.
- East Leake - 8 Common Buzzard [near A6006], 50 Greylag Goose, 80 Northern Lapwing, 200 Black-headed Gull [west gravel pit].
Fri 17th Oct
- Attenborough Nature Reserve - 140 Fieldfare [single flock to SW at dusk], 2 Common Snipe [Clifton Pit], 4 Red-crested Pochard [male and 3 females on Church Pond], 2 Marsh Tit [Delta], 3 Willow Tit.
- Bennerley Marsh - 12 Redwing, 120 Northern Lapwing, Eurasian Teal, 3 Green Woodpecker, Great Spotted Woodpecker. North Marsh: 3 Grey Wagtail, Kingfisher.
- Clumber Park - 3 Whooper Swan.
Thu 16th Oct
- Attenborough Nature Reserve - 6 Common Snipe, 12 Eurasian Wigeon, 3 Little Grebe, 2 Common Buzzard.
Wed 15th Oct
- Bennerley Marsh - 3 Stonechat [2 male & 1 female], 2 Goosander [male & female], 13 Golden Plover, 12 Eurasian Teal, 80 Northern Lapwing, 4 Mistle Thrush, 2 Green Woodpecker, 3 Common Kestrel, Sparrowhawk.
Tue 14th Oct
- Normanton on Trent - Great Grey Shrike [single at Trent Holmes], 2 Little Egret.
- Arnot Hill Park - 40 Siskin, 20 Chaffinch, 2 Brambling, 6 Goldfinch, 14 Redwing, 4 Grey Wagtail, 1 Grey Heron, 9 Red-crested Pochard, 1 Sparrowhawk, 25 Tufted Duck [number fluctuating daily], 2 Greylag Goose, 3 Black Swan, 1 Goldcrest, 1 Nuthatch.
- Annesley Pit Top - Richard's Pipit [still present].
Sun 12th Oct
- Barton in Fabis Whinchat.
- Attenborough Nature Reserve - Garganey [same bird as 1st October].
- Lound - 1 Snow Bunting [River Idle footpath].
- Netherfield - Town Centre: 1 Common Buzzard, 1 Sparrowhawk, 9 Skylark [heading South in small flock], 2 Barn Swallow [heading South], 11 Siskin. Butterflies: 1 Red Admiral.
- Kilvington New Lakes - 1 Little Egret, c.200 Golden Plover, c.150 Pink-footed Goose [over North at 10:45], 115 Northern Lapwing, 8 Grey Partridge, 1 Chiffchaff, 8 Northern Shoveler, 31 Eurasian Wigeon, 39 Tufted Duck, 27 Eurasian Teal, 79 Lesser Black-backed Gull, 2 Herring Gull, 1 Yellow-legged Gull, 1 Greater Black-backed Gull.
- Welbeck Lakes - 18 Great Crested Grebe, Mistle Thrush, Green Woodpecker, Coal Tit, Willow Tit, Common Buzzard, Grey Heron, 2 Common Pochard [males].
- Budby Pumping Station - 1 Raven [flew East to West], 1 Eurasian Teal [male], Kingfisher, 1 Chiffchaff, Little Grebe, 6 Northern Shoveler, Long-tailed Tit, 1 Bullfinch [male], 1 Mandarin Duck [female], 24 Gadwall, 14 Eurasian Teal, 1 Eurasian Wigeon, 1 Merlin, 40+ Siskin, 30+ Lesser Redpoll, 1 Common Crossbill [over to North].
- Burton Joyce - Common Buzzard.
- Annesley Pit Top - Richard's Pipit.
Sat 11th Oct
- Attenborough Nature Reserve - 1 Reed Warbler [Clifton Pond].
- Budby Pumping Station - 100+ Siskin, Kingfisher, Goldfinch [flock], Linnet [small flock], 3 Grey Heron, Long-tailed Tit [flock], Red Kite [through site at 10:15], Gadwall, Green Woodpecker, 1 Barn Swallow [South], Jay, 1 Little Grebe [young bird], 3 Brambling.
- Annesley Pit Top - Richard's Pipit.
- Hoveringham - Black-necked Grebe [Sailing Lake], Little Egret [New Workings].
- Meden Pumping Station - Common Kestrel, 10 Siskin [left side of bridge], Common Buzzard, Northern Lapwing, Brambling, Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Eurasian Wigeon, 4 Eurasian Teal.
Fri 10th Oct
- Bennerley Marsh - 2 Stonechat [male and female], Yellowhammer, 7 Meadow Pipit, Peregrine, 2 Common Snipe, 150 Northern Lapwing, Lesser Black-backed Gull, 17 Eurasian Teal. North Marsh: Black-tailed Godwit, Jay, 2 Grey Wagtail.
Thu 9th Oct
- Netherfield Lagoons - Black-necked Grebe [on Slurry Lagoon], 50 Eurasian Wigeon [on large Fishing Pit], 1 Kingfisher, 60 Eurasian Teal 11 Greylag Goose, 62+ Canada Goose, 20+ Northern Lapwing, 13 Northern Shoveler, 40+ Lesser Black-backed Gull Gull.
- Bennerley Marsh - Stonechat [male], 4 Meadow Pipit, Grey Wagtail, 5 Jay, 2 Common Snipe, 40 Northern Lapwing, 18 Eurasian Teal.
Wed 8th Oct
- Budby Pumping Station - c.30 Pink-footed Goose [over to East], 3 Cormorant [over to East].
- Cotham Flash - 1 Jack Snipe.
Mon 6th Oct
- Arnold - c.100 Pink-footed Goose [heading W at 09:00].
- Ravenshead - c.55 Pink-footed Goose [heading NW at 09:00].
- Bestwood Country Park - Pit Tip: 1 Sparrowhawk, Siskin [numerous], 1 Green Woodpecker, 7 Redwing [over to NW]. Mill Lakes: Siskin [several small flocks], 3+ Eurasian Teal. Leen Pastures: 1 Willow Tit. Bestwood Quarry: 6+ Pied Wagtail [in horse field], 2+ Green Woodpecker, 1 Chiffchaff. Main Woodland: 2+ Lesser Redpoll. Lamin's Lane: 3 Common Buzzard [over towards Redhill], 6+ Tree Sparrow.
- Arnot Hill Park - 3 Black Swan [1 single Cob plus resident pair mating and courting], 1000+ Pink-footed Goose [flying over in Westerly direction at 09:00], 2 Greylag Geese, 3 Canada Goose, 25 Tufted Duck, 9 Red-crested Pochard, 1 Grey Heron, 2 Sparrowhawk, 4 Goldcrest, 2 Eurasian Nuthatch, 4 Grey Wagtail, 1 Jay, 6 Magpie, 2 Tawny Owl.
Sun 5th Oct
- Bennerley Marsh - Barn Owl [dusk], 17 Eurasian Teal, 3 Green Woodpecker, 12 Meadow Pipit, Grey Wagtail, Blackcap, Chiffchaff, 4 Barn Swallow [North Marsh].
- Calverton - Common Buzzard [quartering ground over stubble/ploughed fields at Foxwood].
- Welbeck Lakes - 15 Great Crested Grebe, Goshawk [attacking a Wood Pigeon], 1 Common Buzzard, Coal Tit, Eurasian Nuthatch, 25 Jackdaws, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Stonechat [male], 3 Cormorant.
- Budby Pumping Station - Kingfisher, 8 Northern Shoveler [2 male & 6 female], Willow Warbler, Siskin [flock], Little Grebe, Greater Black-backed Gull [over], Chiffchaff [singing], 3 Grey Heron, Long-tailed Tit, 2 Grey Wagtail, House Martin [small flock], Goldfinch, Linnet, Greenfinch, Bullfinch [single male], Commom Sandpiper.
- Attenborough Nature Reserve- 2 Barn Swallow, Goldeneye [juvenile or eclipse drake on Clifton Pond], 150+ Northern Lapwing, Northern Shoveler, Eurasian Wigeon, Eurasian Teal, c.18 Tree Sparrow [on feeders], 2 Red-crested Pochard [pair].
- Rolleston - River Trent: 1 Peregrine, 10 Greylag Goose, 20+ Golden Plover [over], 2 Oystercatcher, 2 Goldeneye [male & female].
Sat 4th Oct
- Collingham - 4 Little Egret [New Workings].
- Budby Pumping Station - Willow Warbler, House Martin [flock], Common Snipe, Common Sandpiper, Little Egret, Kingfisher, Siskins [large flock], 2+ Brambling [with Siskins], 3 Common Buzzard, Northern Shoveler, 3 Eurasian Wigeon, 2 Grey Heron.
Fri 3rd Oct
- Calverton - 1 Red Kite, 2 Common Buzzard [with Kite on George's Lane in Calverton at 14:45].
- Bennerley Marsh - c.3 Stonechat [1 male, 2 female at least], 10 Meadow Pipit, 120 Northern Lapwing.
Thu 2nd Oct
- Kings Mill Reservoir - 2 Kingfisher, 1 Sparrowhawk, 2 Greylag Goose, 1 Black Swan, 12 Ruddy Duck, 11 Teal, 1 Grey Wagtail.
- Bennerley Marsh - 2 Stonechat [females], Hobby, 40 Eurasian Teal, 140 Northern Lapwing, Chiffchaff.
Wed 1st Oct
- Attenborough Nature Reserve - Garganey [eclipse from Delta hide].
- Bennerley Marsh - Common Buzzard, Northern Wheatear, 12 Meadow Pipit.
- Bothamsall Flash - 1 Pectoral Sandpiper, 1 Green Sandpiper.
- Kings Mill Reservoir - 11 Ruddy Duck, 3 Little Grebe, 2 Black Swan, 2 Herring Gull, 13 Eurasian Teal, 50+ Tufted Duck, 30 Northern Lapwing, 1 Grey Heron, 1 King fisher, 10 Bullfinch, 8 Siskin.
Many thanks to: