- Tue 31st May: Lound (Chainbridge Lane) - Red-crested Pochard 2m 1f, Dunlin 3, Little ringed Plover 2, Wigeon 1m.
- Tue 31st May: Attenborough - LRP x2,Pair of Yellow Wagtail,Oystercatcher,Buzzard,Dunlin.
- Tue 31st May: Annesley Pit Top - Quail - 1 callling - c. 12-20 to 12-30 p.m., 100m up grassy slope adjacent to (north of) entrance point to Newsted Abbey grounds when approaching from Newsted village.
- Mon 30th May: Nottingham City Centre - 2 Grey Wagtails
- Mon 30th May: Netherfield - Little ringed Plover, Common Buzzard, an Aythya Hybrid, 2 Shelduck.
- Mon 30th May: Hoveringham - Oystercatcher, Ringed Plover, Shelduck.
- Mon 30th May: Burton Meadows - 2 Oystercatchers, Yellow Wagtail.
- Mon 30th May: Attenborough - LRP x5,Oystercatcher x2,Dunlin,Pair Yellow Wagtails,Cuckoo,Female Red Crested Pochard,Buzzard.
- Sun 29th May: Old Linby Colliery Site - Cuckoo - calling,
Willow Warbler - singing,
Swifts - numerous.
- Sun 29th May: Gringley Carr. - Female Marsh Harrier by Cross Lane. Little Owl on wire by Bailey Bridge.
- Sun 29th May: Attenborough - LRP x6,Dunlin,Buzzard,Hobby,Tawny Owl,Cuckoo
- Fri 27th May: Papplewick - Blackcap x 2 - male/female, Chiffchaff, Greater Spotted Woodpecker, Song Thrush (numerous!), Long-tailed Tit, 2 Treecreepers, Dunnock, Moorhen, Chaffinch, Great Tit, Swallow, Wren, Woodpigeon, Robin, Blackbird.
- Fri 27th May: Old Linby Colliery - Cuckoo calling
- Fri 27th May: Attenborough - Female Wheatear on the Wheatear Field (new conservation area)
- Thu 26th May: Old Linby Colliery - Cuckoo calling
- Wed 25th May: Holme Pierrepont - Significantly less Swifts but still 3 figure. Good flock of Linnets Blott's pit.
- Wed 25th May: Attenborough - Little Egret x2[observed mating in Heronry sth of river,07.30.Then flew off towards Barton 09.05].Cuckoo,LRP.
- Tue 24th May: Rufford Abbey - Common Buzzard hunting over Rufford Abbey / A614 at 9.20 am.
- Mon 23rd May: Holme Pierrepont - evening 500+++ swift over A52 pit, treecreeper A52 side of Blott's pit.
- Mon 23rd May: Attenborough - Spotted Flycatcher, Reed Warbler x 2 ( Delta area ).
- Mon 23rd May: Attenborough - Red Crested Pochard[female,Tween pond.],Yellow Wagtail,LRP x3.
- Sun 22nd May: Sherwood Forest - Woodcock, Redstart, 2 Buzzard, lots of Spotted Flycatcher.
- Sun 22nd May: Langford Lowfields - Marsh Harrier through in the morning
- Sun 22nd May: Attenborough - LRP x3,Yellow Wagtail x2,Several Buzzards observed through the valley,Oystercatcher.
- Sat 21st May: Papplewick: - 2 Lesser Spotted Woodpeckers, 2 Spotted Flycatcher, 2 Dabchick, 1 Grey Wagtail at Moor Pond Wood
- Sat 21st May: Dunham on Trent lakes - Oystercatcher, Green Woodpecker, Common Tern, 100+ Swift.
- Sat 21st May: Clumber Park - Golden Oriole by the South Lawn plantations.
- Sat 21st May: Attenborough - Yellow Wagtail x5,Shelduck,oystercatcher.
- Fri 20th May: Harlow Wood - Spotted Flycatcher
- Thu 19th May: Clumber Park - Male Golden Oriole, by the car park close to the Classic (main) bridge over the river Poulter.
- Wed 18th May: Papplewick - 2 Spotted Flycatchers in Moor Pond Wood @ 4.10PM
- Wed 18th May: Kirk Hallam, Ilkeston - Osprey over Pioneer Meadows being mobbed by Crows, just over the border at Kirk Hallam. [19.00hrs]
- Wed 18th May: City Centre - 2 Spotted flycatchers in General Cemetary at lunchtime
- Wed 18th May: Attenborough - Common Sandpiper,LRP x2,Yellow Wagtail,Tawny Owl,Grasshopper Warbler,Shelduck.
- Tue 17th May: Treswell Wood - Garden Warbler, Cuckoo, Great spotted Woodpecker
- Tue 17th May: Dunham-on-Trent Lakes - Blue headed Yellow Wagtail, Little ringed Plover,
Shelduck, Oystercatcher, Cuckoo
- Tue 17th May: Clumber Park - Golden Oriole, singing in the Boathouse Plantation, AM only
- Tue 17th May: Attenborough - Ringed Plover,LRP and Yellow Wagtail X2[clifton pit].
- Tue 17th May: Attenborough - Common Buzzard
(hovering several times), Oystercatcher, Shelduck
- Mon 16th May: Attenborough - Common Sandpiper,LRP x2,Yellow Wagtail,and one Blue Headed type,[all clifton pit].Shelduck x3,C100 House Martins on clifton pit this PM.
- Sun 15th May: Hoveringham - On the "super-pit" Little ringed Plover, Ringed Plover (Early morning)
- Sun 15th May: Harlow Wood - Two calling CUCKOO ( one male displaying to female ),
4 singing Tree Pipit,
12 singing Blackcap,
best of all - 4 fledged Song Thrushes sitting on fence.
- Sun 15th May: Cotham Flash - redshank(2),greenshank,oystercatcher,grey partridge(2),yellow wagtail, shelduck(2)
- Sun 15th May: Burton Joyce - By the River Trent -- several Oystercatchers, Common Buzzard.
- Sun 15th May: Attenborough - Grasshopper warbler,LRP,Redshank x2,Cuckoo,Tawny Owl
- Sat 14th May: Hoveringham - Black Tern
- Sat 14th May: Holme Pierrepont (Blotts' Pit) - Ringed Plover, Black necked Grebe, Cuckoo, Northern Wheatear (female), Hobby and drake Garganey(@ 0900)
- Sat 14th May: Holme Pierrepont (A52 Pit) - Red crested Pochard, 2 Wigeon, 2 Hobby[17:20].
- Sat 14th May: Eakring - 1, poss. 2 migrant C. Buzzard through.
- Sat 14th May: Cotgrave Golf Course - Aythya hybrid [Tufted Duck x Pochard]
- Sat 14th May: Cotgrave CP - 2 Little ringed Plovers, 3 Turtle Doves, 2 Lesser Whitethroats
- Sat 14th May: Blidworth Bottoms - 3 Woodcock, Tawny Owl 9-10pm
- Sat 14th May: Attenborough - LRP,Yellow Wagtail,Shelduck,Treecreeper x2,Buzzard x2,Oystercatcher.
- Fri 13th May: Bestwood Village - 2 Swifts, Green Woodpecker and 2 Treecreepers.
- Fri 13th May: Attenborough - Arctic Tern x2/3[main pond,16.15],Drake Garganey still[works pond],Yellow Wagtail x2,LRP,Buzzard x2,Oystercatcher x2,Shelduck.
- Thu 12th May: Kinoulton - Grantham Canal - Hobby at Vimy Ridge Farm (about 8pm)
- Thu 12th May: Holme Pierrepont - 2 Black Terns on Blotts' Pit, evening time
- Thu 12th May: Attenborough - Black Tern X7[main pond,09.20],Grey Wagtail,LRP,Shelduck X7,Cuckoo X3
- Wed 11th May: Trowell - A small movement of Buzzards today. At least six (3, 1, 2) Common Buzzards moving north over Trowell plus a Honey Buzzard around 2 pm.
- Wed 11th May: Treswell Wood - Willow Tit, Great spotted Woodpecker, Jay
- Wed 11th May: Holme Pierrepont (A52 Pit) - Bar tailed Godwit still present on the A52 Pit.
- Wed 11th May: Dunham-on-Trent Lakes - Oystercatcher, Common Sandpiper, Common Tern, Shelduck and Sand Martin nesting here for the first time in 4 years.
- Wed 11th May: Attenborough - Drake Garganey still on the East side of Works pond, also two Little ringed Plovers in the same area. Oystercatcher and 12+ Garden Warblers.
- Tue 10th May: Kinoulton - Grantham Canal (Kinoulton - Hickling) - up to 3 Barn Owls, 1 Tawny Owl and two Grey Partridge. Sedge Warbler singing.
- Tue 10th May: Attenborough[ Erewash Field] - On Erewash Meadow the male Whinchat also showed well, together with a hunting Short eared Owl. There was a Hobby "fly over".
- Tue 10th May: Attenborough - Drake Garganey on Works Pond all day, also 2 Little ringed Plover there also. 4 Buzzards south of river.
- Mon 9th May: Nottingham - Up to 20 Waxwings still, in Halifax Place, Lace Market.
- Mon 9th May: Nottingham - A pair of Grey Wagtails in the Bridlesmith Gate/Lace Market area.
- Mon 9th May: Lound - At Lound today and this evening from the viewpoint. -- Garganey (male) (am only), single male Ruff, 12+ Common Tern, 2 Little-ringed Plover, 4
Ringed Plover, Red-crested Pochard (pair)
Hundreds of Hirundines including several hundred Swifts.
- Mon 9th May: Holme Pierrepont (A52 Pit) - Pair Garganey, Bar tailed Godwit.
- Mon 9th May: Attenborough - Short eared owl and Whinchat[male]in erewash field,LRP[works beach],Drake Garganey[Works pond].
- Mon 9th May: Attenborough NR - Little ringed Plover, 2 Oystercatchers, 2 Buzzard, Cuckoo, 3 Lesser Whitethroats, Reed Warbler, Garden Warbler. Drake Garganey present til c 4.40PM on Works Pond, then disappeared.
- Sun 8th May: Nottingham - 20+ Waxwings still in car park at end of Halifax Place in the Lace Market.
- Sun 8th May: Netherfield - Bar tailed Godwit, 2 Snipe, 2 Oystercatcher, drake Scaup and at 19:10 hrs.a reeling Grasshopper Warbler.
- Sun 8th May: Hoveringham - Oystercatcher, Ringed Plover, 2 Little ringed Plovers.
- Sun 8th May: Gunthorpe - Turtle Dove, Cuckoo, large nos of Sedge
Warbler have arrived, good numbers of Garden Warbler, Lesser Whitethroat and a Barnacle Goose!
- Sun 8th May: Dunham-on-Trent Lakes - Oystercatcher, Shelduck, Reed Bunting, Common Tern
- Sun 8th May: Colwick CP - 3 Lesser Whitethroats, Garden Warbler, female Scaup.
- Sun 8th May: Burton Meadows - White Wagtail, Hobby, Kittiwake.
- Sun 8th May: Attenborough - Redshank[Tween],Yellow wagtail and Blue headed type[clifton pit],Oystercatcher,cuckoo
- Sat 7th May: Nottingham - 11+ Waxwings still in trees in
car park at end of Halifax Place, Lace Market.@ around 1.30pm.
- Sat 7th May: Holme Pierrepont (Blotts' pit) - 6 Little ringed Plovers, single Ringed Plover, Black-Necked Grebe. Also in the area - 4 Garden Warblers, 5 Blackcaps, 3 Chiff Chaff, 4 Sedge Warblers and 7 Willow Warblers
- Sat 7th May: Holme Pierrepont (A52 pit) - 4 Wigeon, 5 Shelduck, male & female Pintail, female Scaup, 2 Oystercatcher, Common Sandpiper and Hobby.
- Sat 7th May: Attenborough - Whinchat x3 males[erewash field] and 1x female in wheatear field.Little Gull[1st summer,from 09.30 till 18.00,at least on main pond],Gropper[reeling erewash field],Cuckoo,Hobby,yellow wagtail,Tawny owl,shelduck x2,oystercatcher,Buzzard
- Fri 6th May: Nottingham - 5+ Waxwings in trees in the car park at the end of Halifax Place -- evening time -- one with a coloured rings of concentric circles,
starting red then white then red then white
- Fri 6th May: Attenborough NR - Oyster Catcher, Yellow Wagtail, White Wagtail, Lesser Whitethroat -- all on Clifton Pit.
- Fri 6th May: Attenborough NR [ Erewash Field] - Grasshopper Warbler, female Whinchat.
- Fri 6th May: Attenborough (New Workings) - 2 Whimbrel, Raven -[over Ratcliffe on Soar Power Station], 5 Egyptian Geese, 4 Shelduck.
- Thu 5th May: Bulwell - 40+ Waxwings still present around the Bulwell area, mostly noted around Hoewood Road, Rock Street, Camberley Road and Low Wood Road.
- Thu 5th May: Attenborough - LRP x2[works],Common Sandpiper x2[clifton pit],Wheatear[wheatear field],Yellow Wagtail x2,Blue Headed Wagtail[clifton pit],White Wagtail,Shelduck x5,Arctic Tern[sail pit],Cuckoo
- Thu 5th May: Attenborough NR,[EREWASH FIELD] - A man was observed today acting in a very suspect manner. He was going around scrub adjacent to the railway line,parting the grass/undergrowth. When approached,he threw a item, over the rail fence, and squatted down. When asked if had lost something, he said "i'm looking for a lost mobile phone". We said we would report it to the centre, the youth returned to the area,and shortly disappeared. Approx late 20's, Light blue baseball cap,carrying dark holdall,and stud in right eyebrow. Please be vigilant at this breeding time.
- Wed 4th May: Netherfield - c60 Waxwings on the Colwick Loop Road
- Wed 4th May: Kinoulton - Female Whinchat on plant stems in open grassy field. Sedge Warblers and Cuckoo, all on the Grantham Canal.
- Wed 4th May: Attenborough (New Workings) - 45+ Arctic Terns - plus a few Commons, but these probably the local birds.
- Tue 3rd May: Attenborough - Whimbrel,Cuckoo,LRP x2,Yellow Wagtail,Common Sandpiper.At Long Eaton New Works;Whimbrel x2,Grey partridge x2,Grasshopper warbler reeling,Wheatear.
- Mon 2nd May: Newark - At the British Gypsum Conservation,
Blue tits feeding young, Great Tits, Chaffinch, Dunnocks, Greenfinch, Goldcrest, Chiffchaff, Mistle thrush, Blackcap, Skylarks.
- Mon 2nd May: Holme Pierrepont (Blotts' pit) - Cuckoo, Little-Ringed Plover, Greenshank, Lesser Whitethroat, Reed Warbler.
- Mon 2nd May: Holme Pierrepont (A52 pit) - Red-Crested Pochard[drake], 5 Shelduck, 2 Common Sandpipers, Oyster Catcher, Whimbrel, Peregrine Falcon.
- Mon 2nd May: Burton Joyce - Common Buzzard
- Mon 2nd May: Bestwood (Mill Lakes) - Nightingale singing for a short while around 5.30pm, also 2 Turtle Doves.
- Mon 2nd May: Attenborough - Marsh Harrier[over coneries,06.00,going west],Wheatear,common sandpiper x3,LRP x2,Yellow Wagtail x2,Dunlin,Shelduck x2,Cuckoo,Lesser Pecker[heard from bund],Jay,Buzzard,Lesser Whitethroat.
- Sun 1st May: Silverhill Wood (Teversal) - 4 Grasshopper Warblers reeling, also 7 Wheatear, including 2 Greenland race. 22 Singing Skylarks.
- Sun 1st May: Netherfield - 1 Whimbrel on the Slurry Lagoon at 11.30 am, also Cuckoo, 3 Dunlin, Grasshopper Warbler, Garden Warbler, Lesser Whitethroat and 2 Wheatear.
- Sun 1st May: Holme Pierrepont - Female Greater Scaup
- Sun 1st May: Gringley Carr - Two Hobbies flying together about 2 pm over west side and probably taking St Mark's flies in the air, imm. Peregrine plucking prey in field just west of main road down to the carr,
two Lesser Whitethroats in lane approaching the Carr, 2+ Common Whitethroats, 1 Sedge Warbler, 10+ Yellow Wagtails, 4+ Wheatears, 1 Sparrowhawk, 1 Kestrel, 2 Grey Partridge and 2 Red leg Partridge, 3+ Corn Buntings, 5+ Reed Buntings.
- Sun 1st May: Bulwell - c10 Waxwings on Low Wood Road @1000
- Sun 1st May: Attenborough - Turtle Dove[flew east over clifton pit,06.30],Dunlin,LRP x2,Wheatear[male,works pit],Common Sandpiper x2,Garden Warbler x5,Whimbrel[followed river east,10.00], also in the evening Hobby over the Wet Marsh and @ 7.10PM a Marsh Harrier circled Clifton Pit.
- Sun 1st May: Annesley Pit Top - 2 Oyster Catcher, Ringed Plover, 2 Dunlin, 2 Redshank, Little-Ringed Plover, Common Sandpiper, Whimbrel, 2 Buzzard, Shelduck, 5 Wheatear in the derelict pit stocks area.
Thanks for their records to :--
Jamie Alexander, Eddie Allen, Simon Barsby, Mervyn Bartle, Robin Brace, Jim Bradley, Nick Brown, Paul Buxton, Dave Carter, Barry Cooper, Rod Dean, John Dickenson, Phil Ellis, Robert Hoare, Gary Hobson, Jane Howe, George Hudson, Derek Huskisson, Andrew Johnson, Chris Johnson, Dave Jones, Rita Kirkman, Pete Leonard, Richard Lloyd-Jones, Neil Loverock, John Mardell, Margaret Mart, David Mayfield, David Parkin, Ralph Radford, Mark Wand, Brian West, Peter Whitworth, John Wilson, John W. Wilson